Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out about projects happening in my neighborhood?

Your neighborhood watch group/association is the best way to find out what is the latest and greatest thing happening in your neighborhood. It is made up and led by passionate people in your neighborhood, and the goal is to bring community members together to create positive change. So, if you have a concern, question, or comment and would like to get connected with your group, visit the “Neighborhood Associations & Watch Groups” page under “Only In Our West Bayfront.”


What is my neighborhood watch group?

Visit the “Neighborhood Associations & Watch Groups” page under “Only In Our West Bayfront.” to learn more about getting connected.


Who maintains the tree between the sidewalk and the road?

This is a common question. And the answer is the homeowner! Homeowners are responsible the maintenance of the yard, trees, and sidewalks in front of their home, including the yard and trees that lie in between the sidewalk and the road.


Who should I contact if I’ve got maintenance/repair concerns about a property in my neighborhood?

The Citizens Response Center is a great starting point. It is available for anyone who would like to submit a compliant, concern, compliment, or general question. You can find the website by clicking this link here or calling 814-870-1111. They are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.


Information about parking tickets/vehicle towing for cars appearing to be abandoned on the side of the road.

The vehicle must accumulate a total of 3 unpaid parking tickets that are each over 30 days old and is then booted. Once booted, the owner has 72 hours to satisfy the tickets, or it gets towed. The parking authority facilities the ticketing, booting and towing process.

If you have a vehicle on your street that is parked illegally or seems to be abandoned, you can call the Parking Authority at 814-455-5493 to let them know so they can look into beginning the ticketing process.

If you have further questions about the process or a vehicle that you are unsure what to do about, reach out to the Erie Citizen Response Center at this link or call 814-870-1111.