We want to connect you with ways to give back in the West Bayfront, so below are various opportunities around the community.
Have a volunteer need at your organization? Contact us here if you would like to be listed on this page or if you would like more information on our volunteer opportunities!
Our West Bayfront
To get connected and begin volunteering at various OWB events throughout the year, click here.
There, you will be able to identify your interests so we can connect you with the events that best fit what you are looking for.
If you would like to help out in your neighborhood, Our West Bayfront has a lot of opportunities for you:
- We are always looking for volunteers for our upcoming events! Keep up to date with our events and we’ll have a place for you to volunteer.
- Looking for something different? We also have more specified projects! Check out Our West Bayfront on Get Connected Erie for more information and to sign up.
- One of the best ways for you to get involved and volunteer in your community is to get involved with your local Neighborhood Watch Group.
1330 W 8th Street
Volunteers can participate in several different activities to help those at Strong Vincent. These activities include:
- Tutoring 6-8th graders in reading and math during school hours or after school,
- Providing after school programming in the areas of dance, theater, chorus, cooking club, book club, sporting activities, arts and crafts, swimming,
- Holding evening parent workshops in the areas of computer literacy, yoga, pilates, etc.
250 W 7th Street
The good people of First Presbyterian would like volunteers to help out with the following events:
- Prepare and serve meals for year-round Sunday Suppers
- Overnight host or prepare meals for Our Neighbors Place Emergency Shelter during the winter
To volunteer here please contact Pat Tracy by calling (814) 864-6118 or e-mailing her at email@example.com.
312 Chestnut Street
The MLK Center is looking for able body people to help out with their mentoring programs as well as other activities such as:
- Youth Mentor Program
- Mentor students after school
- Provide a positive role model to students
- Help with homework if needed
To volunteer here please contact Fatima by calling (814) 459-2761.
606 Raspberry Street
1022 Liberty Street
134 West 7th Street
707 Sassafras Street