We want to connect you with ways to give back in the West Bayfront. Here are a few volunteer opportunities available. Have a volunteer need at your organization? Contact us here if you would like to be listed on this page or if you would like more information on our volunteer opportunities!
Strong Vincent Middle School
Volunteers can participate in several different activities to help those at Strong Vincent. These activities include:
- Tutoring 6-8th graders in reading and math during school hours or after school,
- Providing after school programming in the areas of dance, theater, chorus, cooking club, book club, sporting activities, arts and crafts, swimming,
- Holding evening parent workshops in the areas of computer literacy, yoga, pilates, etc.
First Presbyterian Church of the Covenant
The good people of First Presbyterian would like volunteers to help out with the following events:
- Prepare and serve meals for year-round Sunday Suppers
- Overnight host or prepare meals for Our Neighbors Place Emergency Shelter during the winter
The MLK Center
The MLK Center is looking for able body people to help out with their mentoring programs as well as other activities such as:
- Youth Mentor Program
- Mentor students after school
- Provide a positive role model to students
- Help with homework if needed
To volunteer here please contact Fatima by calling (814) 459-2761.